The effects of alcohol abuse are as damaging to the nation as the health effects, affecting the family, the community, and persons of all ages. Underaged drinking is interfering with children’s development, affecting the nation’s ability to respond to economic challenge in the future. The college aged may be the most difficult to educate about alcohol abuse because of drinking patterns established at an early age and susceptibility to advertising inducements. Health care costs for families with an alcoholic member are twice those for families without one, and up to half of all emergency room admissions are alcohol related.
Assignment #1 – Annotating an Article – BAC
- Print out theAnnotating direction sheet and read
- Print and Annote the following article on Blood Alcohol Concentration (.pdf)
- Turn in your finished annotated article
Assignment #2 – Jacqui Saburido Video
- Watch video
- Type or write a one page RESPONSE to this video. What are your reactions? What do you feel about teens and drinking? Drinking and Driving while intoxicated? Etc……
Assignment #3 – Drinking and Driving Brochure (District Assessment)
- Obtain the Task 611 Drinking and Driving Brochure from Martha
- You may use the internet, library books, textbooks, or any other form of information to help you complete your brochure. I have given you a resource to help with the WYOMING info.
- Wyoming Department of Transportation – use the most recent statistics
- MAKE SURE YOU USE WYOMING/LOCAL STATISTICS AS WELL AS NATIONAL STATISTICS- DON’T USE ANY OTHER STATE!!