Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) are disease processes that are not contagious or transferable from one human to another. Random genetic abnormalities, ambulance heredity, lifestyle or environment can cause non-communicable diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, asthma, hypertension and osteoporosis. Autoimmune diseases, trauma, fractures, mental disorders, malnutrition, poisoning and hormonal conditions are in the category of non-communicable diseases. (Source: Livestrong.com)
Assignment #1 – Glencoe Cardiovascular Read
- Read pages 686-694 from the Glencoe Online Text Book
- Answer Cardiovascular Disease Text Work questions (pdf) from page 694 . Please answer all questions in complete sentences.
Assignment #2 – Disease Vocab #2
- Follow directions to complete the Disease Vocab 2
Assignment #3 – Glencoe Cancer Read
- Read pages 695-701 from the Glencoe Online Text Book
- Answer Cancer Text Work questions (pdf) from page 701. Please answer all questions in complete sentences.